08 Oct 8 Decorative characteristics of luxury furniture
Exquisite decor is what makes a piece of luxury furniture. But it isn’t just one particular feature that decorates a piece of furniture, but a whole array of components that work together to make luxury furniture worthy of that title. At Picó Interiors, we pay close attention to decorative details. Here, we tell you about some of those details that, we believe, should be seen in every single piece of luxury furniture.
Luxury furniture can of course be minimalist and simple, Picó Interiors has some rather simple and discrete furniture designs among those found in our catalogue. Although over the decades, our furniture has become characterised by elegance, class and distinction, seen in our luxury furniture in the form of the lines, the features added by hand and the many other details that differentiate Picó Interiors luxury furniture from the rest. Details that have given our brand its identity and made them easily recognisable all over the world. Here are 8 of the decorative characteristics that Picó Interiors luxury furniture never leaves the workshop without – you’ll see them in most of our designs.
- Gold-leaf foiling. Gold leaf is an important characteristic for us as it adds a stunning finishing touch to any piece of luxury furniture. The sight of gold is of course spectacular, and it helps us differentiate ourselves from competitors as it is our seal of identity.
- Flower Designs. Curved lines are also important in our designs. Whether they be Doors, Windows or frames. Drawings added by hand means that there are no two pieces of luxury furniture the same.
- Geometric shapes. In the more modern collections of luxury furniture, we use geometric figures to draw spectacular furniture. The result is fine, classy and full of style, which suits our clients’ taste perfectly.
- Shine. Luxury furniture is made and is acquired so that it stands out in our homes, so that it catches everyone’s attention. The way the wood shines, or the way the marble shines is another important decorative aspect of luxury furniture.
- Lights. In our newer designs, we’ve opted for elegant LED lighting on furniture such as wardrobes. Adding lights to the inside of a wardrobe improves its usability significantly.
- Curves. Curved edges on table legs or chair legs give them a certain edge, an elegante Edge which is always our aim when creating our furniture. You’ll see curved edges on practically all of our models.
- Engraved glass. Decorating glass by engraving details onto it is one of the most important features of our luxury furniture, regardless of the model. Glass allows us to create simple, elegant and spectacular designs.
- Knobs. And of course, unique handles and knobs for unique furniture, whether it be taps, wardrobes or doors. It is another compulsory feature if what we are talking about is real luxury furniture.